Cambridge, MA, United States
At Arbor, our team consists of scientists with diverse experiences from biochemistry to microfluidics. We are looking for a full-time Research Associate to develop assays and support our protein screening efforts. The ideal candidate should have significant research or industrial experience in assay development and optimization with experience in microfluidics and molecular biology.
- Routinely perform the established screening assays
- Optimization of assays to increase throughput and performance
- Design protein interaction assays for high throughput screening
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Communicate results at team meetings, contribute to project and experiment planning
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bio-engineering or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory or industrial experiences with background in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Highly motivated, driven, and curious with a strong desire to learn
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Minimum commitment of 2 years
- Experience in working with bead based technologies
- Experience in fabricating, prototyping, and using microfulidic devices
- Experience using liquid handlers and high throughput screening
- Experience working with E-coli and proteins
- Ability to start as soon as possible
is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature's inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.